Many people and companies claim to know how to do SEO (search engine optimization). There are many SEO services to pick from. How do you know what to look for in a good SEO consultant / service? Below are a few tips.
1. With the high competition of SEO professionals fighting for the business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A reputable SEO company will not provide you with any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals are different from another. An SEO professional must take the time to get to know all aspects of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for the service.
2. Ensure your SEO company is not being outsourced to a 3rd party. What I mean with this is that, when you are looking for professionals, confirm that they may be completing the work themselves and never with a sub-contraced company that they hire. Your relationship needs to be directly with the company or person you hire to accomplish your marketing and advertising. A lot of miscommunication will break down your marketing campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it might be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource part of the work. An example will be website design. If an agency is hiring someone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that’s acceptable as long as the SEO service is doing the content and optimization of your site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web design professionals.
3. Make sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Enquire about their strategy to get your keywords ranked. A great test is to find out if their own company is in front page of Google. There are several circumstances where this may not apply. As an example, if someone has been doing SEO for a very long time and decides to begin a new company, it will take a few months to rank their own site to the top from the search engines (just as it’ll for yours).
4. Watch out for anyone who promises to have your company at the top of the search engines inside a designated time. There is no prediction nor is there any specific formula that can be carried out to know exactly how long it may need to rank websites. If someone else is getting you to the very best within a few weeks, chances are they are not doing ethical practices and will also only hurt you in the end. Google will catch up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized which will put you at the bottom with the rankings. It normally takes around 3-4 months to obtain sites ranked on Google. There may be some instances that you will get to the top sooner plus some that you may get there later. It all depends on how competitive your keywords are.
5. Be sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You do not need your SEO advertiser being putting your campaign privately because they have other what to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they’re doing and are not just doing this as something extra to make money. Also watch out for people who think they are SEO professionals because they work in a computer field. Although I have a degree in Computer Computer, it did not make me a search engine optimization professional. I learned everything I am aware outside of college via a team of experts.